Los Angeles Will Contest Attorneys
Call Mansell & Mansell for Probate Help in Los Angeles – (323) 208-3501
Challenging a will can be difficult, and without the assistance of an attorney, you could be facing an uphill battle against the California probate courts. At Mansell & Mansell, our attorneys can help you obtain the resolution you are seeking.
We are proud to have more than 65 years of combined, award-winning experience providing outstanding counsel to clients who are contesting wills. If you have a question or concern regarding a will, do not hesitate to schedule a free case evaluation with our Los Angeles probate team.
How Our Will Contest Lawyers Can Help You
Our team will fully review your situation to help ensure that your rights, assets and property are protected and that the deceased’s affairs are properly handled.
Some reasons a will might be contested are:
- The original drafter of the will was not mentally sound
- The will was not signed by a witness
- There was fraud involved in the signing of the will or the drafting of the will itself
- There is an updated will that makes the previous will irrelevant
- The drafter of the will was forced to create the will by use of force, fear, or threat
Will Contest FAQ:
- How long does it take to contest a will? – A will cannot be officially contested until it has been submitted to the court for probate. After the will has been submitted for probate you will need to contest the will prior to the probate hearing. If you fail to do so, you still have 120 days after the hearing to ask the court to revoke their initial order.
- What happens when you contest a will? – Contesting a will is in many ways similar to any other civil claim. You may need to attend depositions, submit evidence, and provide documentation supporting your claims. Our will contest attorneys in Los Angeles can help you navigate the process.
- Do you need an attorney to contest a will? – While you are not required to have an attorney represent you in this situation, it can be extremely helpful to hire a will contest lawyer. Contesting a will can be very difficult and does not always succeed. With an experienced lawyer on your side, you increase your chances of winning the contest.
Contact Mansell & Mansell, APC today!
If you have questions or concerns regarding the will itself or the administration of the will, it is important that you immediately contact Mansell & Mansell. Our firm is committed to ensuring that the rights of each individual are fully protected. For more information on how our firm can assist you, speak with a dedicated Los Angeles probate professional from our staff.
Free Case Review