Los Angeles Trust Attorney
Need Help With Trust Administration? Ask an Attorney.
At Mansell & Mansell, we are proud to offer experienced trust administration to clients in the Los Angeles area who are seeking dedicated legal counsel. Our firm has extensive experience handling a wide array of complicated trust administration issues. Over the years, we have handled tens of millions of dollars in estates.
Trusts are sometimes established as an integral part of an estate plan, and determining how to administer them can be difficult. If you need assistance with trust administration, a trust attorney at our firm can help guide you through the process. We have more than 65 years of combined experience handling a variety of complex legal cases.
Contact Mansell & Mansell online or call (323) 208-3501 for a free case evaluation with a trust attorney in Los Angeles.
California Trust Administration FAQs
As a successor of a trust, it can be difficult to handle all that was left left and given to you. There are many emotions happening and it can be stressful to manage all the assets and distribute assets. Here are some frequently asked questions that can help you get started with managing the trust that has been passed down to you.
How long does it take to settle a trust after death?
Depending on the documentation, locating the beneficiaries, and other factors it can take from months to years. The exact length of time will depend on your unique case. You can consult with our trust attorneys to learn more.
Do you need a Lawyer to administer a trust?
While it is not required that you have a trust administration lawyer help you, it can help alleviate a lot of the stress that comes with administering a trust. As a trustee, you have legal obligations to fulfill. You may be overwhelmed with the work and legal responsibilities. Having a trust administration attorney who will guide every step and make it as smooth as possible can significantly reduce the stress you are under and help avoid errors.
Can I be held personally liable for trust administration errors?
You may be liable for any mismanagement or errors that may occur. To protect yourself seek guidance from our trust attorneys. Our team can help you make sure that you don’t make any mistakes.
When Is It a Bad Idea for You to Serve As the Trustee?
There are several instances in which you may want to consider using funds from the trust to hire an attorney to execute the trust in your place:
- You have poor or difficult relationships with the beneficiaries of the trust; this can lead to excessive arguing and difficulty administering the trust properly
- If lawsuits have been threatened or filed that may reduce the value of the trust; as the Trustee it will be your duty to protect the trust
- You are not familiar with the assets that the trust-maker held and do not have the time to familiarize yourself with them
- You are attempting to co-manage the trust with another Trustee; this can be difficult when it comes to making decisions that you both agree on, having a lawyer to help mediate decision-making can be helpful
Just because you hire a trust administration attorney does not mean that you lose control as a Trustee. Instead, it means that you can receive help and guidance from an experience trust administration lawyer and avoid making serious errors. This also means that you will not have to spend an excessive amount of time carrying out your duties as a Trustee.
How Can Mansell & Mansell Help?
Our trust attorneys can assist a successor trustee with:
- Handling all beneficiaries impartially and distributing all necessary assets, gifts and inheritance per the estate plan or trust
- Separating trust assets and personal assets
- Avoiding unnecessary conflicts of interest with beneficiaries involved
- Filing all necessary taxes
- Handling debts and income
- Determining how to administer trust expenses
- Trust Contests
Get The Help You Need Today!
If you have questions or concerns regarding trust administration, we encourage you to contact an attorney from our firm. Attorney Cheryl Mansell has dedicated her career to helping provide trust administration and probate services to clients throughout the Los Angeles area. We have helped innumerable clients settle their affairs and the affairs of family members. Reach out as soon as possible!
Free Case Review